Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Green cars you can't buy

First - It's been over 2 months since my last post. I know I said that I try to post more often, but life has a way of altering your plans whenever it wants. My son was born at the beginning of July and things are just now starting to settle down, if only slightly. Hopefully I'll have some more time to update this blog in the future.

And now, the latest from my synapses...

According to this article on MSN autos by a new columnist, it is against the law to sell you an extremely low-emissions vehicle in the 42 states that don't follow California's lead on clean air and curbing auto emissions (luckily, New York has). Ironically, the law that makes this illegal is contained in the Clean Air Act! Only in American politics could something like this happen and is further proof that most of our legislators are a bunch of corporate, pan-handling pansies.

In the past few years, the has been a huge up-swing of people acting more responsible in regards to the environment, a surge in websites promoting green technologies (such as EcoGeek.org), and even some corporations are taking environmental concerns very seriously. It's time that the politicians recognized this trend and got on board, not just with words, but with solid actions as well.

No comments: